...

...

Monday, May 25, 2015

Grand Canyon

As I was driving to the Grand Canyon yesterday it was rainy and cold and I wasn't sure if this was the best idea. Did I really want to drive all this way to have it be foggy or low visibility when I could go on Monday? I'm so glad I did because the weather cleared up instantly as I parked and the sun was able to stream through the clouds and it was pure magic. It was just amazing to be there, to see something so grand that I had been thinking about ever since I saw my first images of the Grand Canyon as a little one. It's more spectacular and breathtaking and unworldly in person and I couldn't believe that I was actually standing there, able to take it all in. That after driving for three weeks, close to 5,500 miles, that all my planning and traveling and where my tires met the pavement got me here to this place today, to right now being face to face with one of the great wonders of the world. Wow. To end my day, I got to drive through the greatest rainbow ever! Hope you all enjoy the photos and you can feel like you were there with me.  (Click on images for bigger versions!)






























3 comments:

  1. The prettiest picture is the one of you, Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, just gorgeous!
    You are quite the photographer these days! You should think about entering some photo contests or selling them!
    Love the rainbow picture- very artsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Cheri and Maria for your sweetness! :)

    ReplyDelete