...

...

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Boulder

"It's fucking beautiful here, man." My dad and I were hiking in Boulder this morning and this guy stopped to ask us a question about the trail and my Dad then asked him some questions about what the weather is like here year round. Our fellow hiker smiled and said "It's fucking beautiful here, man. All the time." and after being here just shy of a day, I see exactly what he means. Boulder is an incredibly stunning part of Colorado, which is a very stunning state. Our hike today was just what we needed and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Sunny, blue skies, low 60's, gorgeous.

My drive through Colorado is hands down my most awe inspiring drive in the US yet. Once I left New Mexico I was greeted by the Rockies, which were as beautifully blue as ever with clouds hiding some of the top peaks, which made them all the more atmospheric. I was taken by all the beauty surrounding me, from the sky, to the green and snow covered rolling mountains near by and far, to costing down from 9,000 feet elevation and reaching the bottom of deep red canyons. At one point, it hit 36 degrees and it was snowing! I'm in love with you already Colorado!  (Click on photos for better quality!)















3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It's always so hard to capture the beauty of landscapes but your pictures are amazing! So glad you got to meet up with your dad, after all these months of planning everything is falling together- enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Cheri! I tried my best to capture as much of the beauty as possible, so glad you are enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! LOVE these pictures - they definitely remind me of the Austrian Alps and makes me want to visit Colorado even more! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete