...

...

Thursday, May 7, 2015

NOLA

As I was walking around New Orleans this morning I noticed how sweet the air smelled, how it was already warm and muggy at an early hour and the kindness of people as I walked by. Throughout my walk-a-thon today I got more smiles, hellos and good morning/day/afternoons then I think I ever have back home. I started my day with some beignets and coffee at Cafe du Monde, which yes is a super touristy thing to do here but I don't care... they were delicious! I spent a lot of my time walking the streets of the French Quarter and what I enjoyed most was admiring all the bright and colorful architecture. I also took a tour of the St Louis Cemetery #1 which was fascinating and a bit creepy which I loved. I found some great graffiti art around town, sampled some super spicy hot sauces, was serenaded by some local jazz musicians, and really enjoyed walking through Louis Armstrong Park. Thanks for the nice welcome New Orleans!

                                                












                                               





                                             





5 comments:

  1. Your tree picture so reminds me of ours from Africa! These are awesome pictures- love the colorful architecture, too! But my favorite picture is of you in the mask... Did you buy it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri! :) I know, the trees here do remind me of Zim! And I totally got two masks, one of them is this green one which I love. You don't think it would be weird driving to Austin in it, right?

      Delete
  2. I totally want to go there! Looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, you definitely should! I can give you a list of good places to check out! ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete