...

...

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wow

Wow. Wow. Wow. I've been saying WOW a lot since I've been staying in Los Alamos with my New Mexico family friends. Los Alamos sits at 7, 320 feet and it's breathtaking up here. I've been doing a lot of hiking over the past few days and the views are incredible where you can see deep canyons and the snow capped Rockies. I've also walked through Bandelier National Monument, an outdoor museum of ancient Pueblo dwellings dating back from 1150 CE which is nothing short of amazing. I mean, think about that for a minute. 1150 CE! The native Pueblo's carved their homes in the volcanic rock and you can also see their cave paintings, which is pretty damn phenomenal. Since I'm a bit at a loss for words right now, I'll just end with photos from my last few days! Thank you over and over again to my fantastic tour guides and for your immense beauty and wildness New Mexico.

































3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turquoise sweatshirt fits right into the Pueblo landscape- love the pictures of the coyote and dwellings. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cheri! Had to wear my turquoise while in New Mexico and seeing the dwellings was a major highlight! :)

    ReplyDelete