...

...

Thursday, May 7, 2015

New Orleans City Park

This is a love letter to spanish moss. My favorite moment in NOLA was this morning, when I got to borrow a bike and ride through Esplanade Ave which is by far, my favorite street in New Orleans. If you'd like to read up on the history of Esplanade Ave which is quite interesting, check out this link: http://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/streets/esplanadeavenue.html
I went up to City Park which is a must for anyone visiting the city. I got to ride under beautiful oak lined streets and some of which were covered in spanish moss which to me, is a slice of heaven. I'm sorry (but not sorry) for all the photos! (You can view there larger size by clicking on the photo.)

After the Louisiana dream ride this morning I decided to take my bike back into downtown to eat at Luke, a restaurant I'd been eyeing. Picture this super swank restaurant where the waiters are dressed in full black and white attire and patrons have their Thursday best on. And then there is me, all hot and sweaty from my miles and miles and miles of biking, with fresh bike grease. Part of me thought, uh do I belong here? But then I thought, fuck it! and reminded myself why I was here: jalapeƱo cheese grits with shrimp. Even though I was the least fancy of anyone in this place, it was worth it for the deliciousness of my meal and damn was it good! I also got to see this unicorn head man play some music on my ride back so all in all, today was a major win. You've been wonderful New Orleans, I'm sure going to miss you!












No comments:

Post a Comment