...

...

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Brave?

I've had many friends and family and complete strangers tell me how brave I am to be doing my cross country road trip mostly, by myself. I see what they mean and I do think there is some kind of bravery in doing this but a different kind of bravery. When I think of bravery I think of the millions of girls around the world who risk their life every day to go to school and get an education, to those who are battling with illness and disease, to those who are trying to take down ISIS, to the aid workers all over the world who are helping and healing others, to those in Nepal who have to wake up every day knowing that their nightmare is real and that their lives are forever changed by the most recent earthquakes. These and countless other examples are what I think of when I hear the word brave. Me having the lucky ability to leave my job, move out of my apartment and travel for 4 months while driving across the country and back with my 2003 Corolla? I'd like to think of it as being incredibly fortunate and adventurous, maybe adventurously brave. How does that sound?

My dad and I ended our great weekend in Boulder with some nice hikes, a fun stroll around the local farmers market eating delicious food, seeing downtown Boulder and peeking in the Shambhala Center, and a trip to The Farm. We stayed with a lovely couple in Boulder (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1215585), which I would highly recommend to anyone staying in the area! Our drive from Boulder to Moab, Utah was incredible. Our highest peak was 11,500 feet up and we went through the Rockies and into beautiful canyons, driving through the clouds, snow, and then reached the 70's in the desert. If you are looking for another beautiful drive through the southwest, Colorado and Utah will have you covered!











                     




No comments:

Post a Comment