...

...

Saturday, May 2, 2015

And so it begins...

Today is a day I've been planning for and thinking about for months and months. It's an indescribable feeling having everything that I've planned for actually begin. I've left my job, moved out of my apartment, packed my car for the next 3-4 months, and will be starting my close to 4,000 mile road trip this morning.

On Monday I was at my last yoga class, feeling very overwhelmed and on the verge of tears with everything I had to do before Saturday. At the end of my practice during savasana I felt this energy around my heart. And I instantly felt calm and at peace and the sense that everything was going to be okay and that this is the right choice for me. For the past week I've continued to feel calm and at peace about it all and I'm hoping that will stay with me on my travels.

And so it begins. As Lao Tzu once said, a journey of a thousand miles (try four thousand!) begins with one step. Or in my case, turning my car on and driving west. First stop: Washington D.C!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! You are BRAVE and adventurous and this is exactly what life it for!! Can't wait to follow your experiences...

    Explore and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete