...

...

Monday, June 1, 2015

California

Sorry to be a little MIA lately fellow readers, have had a wonderful week spending it with my California loves before I head to Hawaii.  Before I got to San Diego, I went to Sedona and what a red rockin' place that is!  I didn't know that it is such a spiritual/mystical place, something I'd like to experience next time I visit. On my way to California I stopped in Dateland, Arizona for a date shake (all that is there are date farms) and it was delicious. I also drove by huge cactuses that could have swallowed me whole and sand dunes which is something I wasn't expecting so see at all, I mean, did I get transported to the Sahara?! I saw dust tornadoes in the desert and signs for Mexico which was pretty neat and boy was it hot. It was an indescribable feeling, crossing the border of California, having the first part of my road trip come to an end. When I reached San Diego I had travelled 3.5 weeks totaling 6,100 miles and it felt so damn good to have reached my friends after such a long journey. San Diego is beautiful made even more beautiful staying with my lovely friends Sarah and Jarod and their cutie patootie little guy and getting to reconnect is just what I needed. I then drove up to Newport Beach  and got to walk along the pacific and soak my tired feet in the ocean before I met my old friend Beth for some In and Out, which I had been giddy about since I landed in California. This past weekend I was lucky to witness the wedding for one of my dear friends Sneha and it was my first time attending an Indian wedding. All the events were so hugely colorful and musical and an incredible experience and I got my first henna which other than celebrating was a highlight! It was also so nice to reconnect with grad school friends and to share in the love filled weekend together. We were also able to go to some of my favorite spots in the LA area and imagine the lives of the rich and famous. I couldn't have asked for a better week before I leave for Hawaii!

Sedona 




Sand dunes!




Hiking in San Diego! 







Newport Beach









Hiking in Griffith Park

Beverly Hills 

Santa Monica Pier

Laguna Beach Wedding!






2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to see the colors of Hawaii, too!

    (I now have Weezer's "Beverly Hills, That's Where I Wanna Be" song stuck in my head...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I totally had that song in my head my entire time in Beverly Hills Cheri!

    ReplyDelete