...

...

Monday, July 13, 2015

What I'll Miss

I've been off the Big Island now since Friday morning and there is a lot that I miss already from my 5 weeks. I miss the spectacular view of the ocean from the farm, the sound of the frogs at night and the waterfall that would be the soundtrack to my day and lull me to sleep. I miss the great big sky and on a clear night how many thousands of twinkly stars and shooting stars I would see. I miss the simplicity of life when you are working on a farm and the joy of seeing something you helped grow to fruition. I'm going to miss my time with Drean and Pam and my fellow wwoofer who have all been great teachers for me with whom I've learned a lot from. I'm going to miss being able to say 'I'm currently living in Hawaii!'.  I'm going to miss all the waterfalls and living Aloha. I'm going to miss so much more but I know that this experience, like all travel experiences, will stay with me forever. You have to leave a place in order to come back and I can't wait to be reunited again with the Big Island. Until next time you big beautiful island you.....



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy! I am sooo happy you've had such a magical Hawaiian experience! I terribly owe you an email. Here is a fast haiku for you instead:
    While you have been sun
    soaking, I have been doing
    the dishes. That sucks.

    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete