...

...

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Glacier National Park

Hi fellow blog world! Sorry for my lack of updating, been a busy few weeks. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm not in a ditch somewhere, I made it home safe and sound! I'll still be updating this until I reach my last homeward bound post. :)

I got to Kelispell, Montana after a wonderful visit with family out in Snohomish, WA. The drive was long and very smoky, especially out in eastern Washington. The wildfires were in full force and the smoky smell was so bad I had to turn off my air in 90+ degree heat and humidity, oy. Once I got to Kelispell I got to witness an incredibly vibrant sunset thanks to the nearby wildfires. My first full day in Montana I got to reunite with my cousin Sky and we went on an amazing hike, the smoke from wildfires around us made the summit view pretty breathtaking and there was even some glacier snow left! My second day in Kalispell took me to Glacier National Park and despite the smokiness haze, this park was stunning and inspiring. I drove the "Going to the Sun" road which at times, was a bit terrifying! I was climbing and climbing in my car, reaching fairly high passes where the temperature dropped considerably from 70's to 50 degrees, a welcome change. The road was hugging the mountains and at times my hands were white knuckled to my steering wheel, trying to take in the immense beauty but also not wanting to plunge off, thousands of feet up in the air. I was happy to make it to the top of Logan Pass and then drive down to see some of the sadly they-won't-be-here-in-10 years- melting glaciers. Glacier National Park was magnificent in its beauty and I can only imagine how much more awe inspiring it is when Glacier is completely clear. I can't wait to meet you again, Glacier National Park!


















No comments:

Post a Comment