...

...

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Portland

Oh Portlandia. I've been very drawn to Portland over the years and I was so ready to explore. When I arrived Portland was in the middle of a heat wave and it was a very hot 104 degrees. Ever since I've been back from Hawaii the weather out west has been very wonky, hope it's not me! I immediately went to stuff my face with the best ice cream I've ever had, huckleberry-goat cheese-habanero and salted caramel ice cream, at Salt & Straw which was a delicious welcoming. I didn't let the heat wave get in my way and I explored the hell out of this great city. Portland is super funky, artsy and has incredible food and blackberry hard cider, it's kinda like the Austin of the Pacific North West. Though Austin wins hands down as being most weird, sorry Portland. I loved walking around Portland's neighborhoods and letting this city wash over me. I took a quick trip to the coast which was so wild and stunning and a nice reprieve from the heat. I loved walking through Portland's Japanese Garden and getting my zen on, feasting with my eyes at farmers markets, walking around downtown, seeing all the city bridges (and there are many!) and I bought a lot of fun only-in-Portland art. I also ate my weight in blueberry bourbon and passion fruit donuts thanks to Blue Star, which is WAY better than Voodoo, don't even try to tell me otherwise. You were lovely Portland, can't wait to come back!




















2 comments:

  1. OMG! I think we were at the same beach as you last summer!! Will send you pictures! Isn't Portland the best?! Hoping to go back next summer. If you are still unemployed you can hitch hike with us in exchange for cheese forts. We'll give you a promotion: Director of the Johnson and Johnson Institute of Early Childhood Development, Cheese Division.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we were totally at the same beach, Cheri! Loved Portland and all the food! I like the promotion and would totally be up for some cheese forts via hitch hiking. ;)

    ReplyDelete